Our Breath Collective Teacher TrainingA 6-month immersive breathwork training to become a versatile, skillful, and impactful breath coach and facilitator.
NOW ACCEPTING Breath School applications for 2024!
Are you a bodyworker, yoga or pilates teacher, therapist, personal trainer, martial arts teacher, physiotherapist, hypnotherapist, performing arts or singing teacher, coach, (insert your profession), or simply a breath enthusiast who wants an ancient and cutting-edge somatic tool to deepen your toolkit?
Are you devoted to breathwork as a transformational practice?
Do you want to be of service to your community and beyond while living a life that you love?
Join us for the official Our Breath Collective Breathwork Teacher Training, aka “Breath School”
Rooted in ancient breathing techniques and modern science, Our Breath Collective provides the most in-depth, multi-layered approach to breathwork training.
Together, our experienced team of educated facilitators draws from a wide range of breath, body, and mind traditions. We bridge the spiritual and the scientific and will teach you the underlying principles of each system so that you have a deeper understanding of how breath works.
Our combined depth of knowledge and experience will provide you with unparalleled expertise, the most up-to-date information, pedagogical tools, practice teaching, and direct mentorship.
BREATH SCHOOL IS…
the most comprehensive, multi-disciplinary breathwork teacher training.
30+ Pre-Recorded Lessons
Dive deep into ancient and cutting-edge breathwork techniques.
Bi-Weekly Group Calls (90 Minutes)
Connect with a like-minded community and grow together.
Live Monthly Office Hours
Get your burning questions answered by our experienced team.
Private Coaching Sessions
Receive personalized guidance and feedback to enhance your progress.
4-Day In-Person Retreat
Immerse yourself in a transformational, hands-on experience in Southern California.
Lifetime Access to Our Online Learning Center
Stay updated with all Breath School content and enhancements.
Official Course Materials and Worksheets
A comprehensive resource to fuel your journey.
Access to Our Daily Breath Platform
Continuously enrich and deepen your personal practice along the way.
Access to Pre-Recorded Breathing Sessions
Explore a growing vault of guided breathing techniques.
Access to 20+ OBC Guest Workshops
Expand your knowledge with diverse perspectives and teachers that we love and trust.
Lifetime Access to Breath School’s Community
Join the legacy group of supportive breath enthusiasts.
Certificate of Completion as an Official Breathworker
Validate your expertise and knowledge in the field.
Breathwork today equals yoga 20 years ago.
Twenty years ago, yoga was hippie and fringe.
Now, there are international yoga chains, yoga apparel, and hundreds of thousands of people who have taken yoga teacher training as part of personal development.
Breathwork is headed in the same direction, only it is moving exponentially faster.
And for a good reason…
Breathwork is the most direct, powerful, non-secular tool for state shifts.
The physical, emotional, and mental impact can be felt immediately with endless compounding returns for consistent practice. There is no religious affiliation; it can be done anywhere, anytime, and by anyone.
Also, breathing research continues to uncover the vast benefits of breathing on our health and well-being. Science is bringing a practice once seen as “woo-woo” into the mainstream.
By taking this training, you will be at the forefront of a movement.
Breathwork has been around for millennia, dating back thousands of years.
The reality is, we are just seeing these techniques that have always been with us being repackaged and renamed in different ways, at different times, and for various reasons.
As breathwork communities proliferate, we see more branded techniques, methods, and styles being trademarked, marketed, and broadcast into the public eye as the “best” or “only” way to breathe.
Here’s the thing…you don’t have to get boxed into one specific method or technique. There is no universal best. It depends on the breather, their system, what state they are in, and their goals.
For this reason, we take a multidisciplinary approach to breathwork.
By adopting this fundamental facilitation strategy, we look at the principles that inevitably run through ALL methods, schools, and modalities of breath practice. We don’t pigeonhole or confine ourselves to a one-size-fits-all approach.
Instead, we empower ourselves for an authentic and creative expression of breathwork based on whom we work with. We will break down the barriers created by the methods and instead build your knowledge of the core principles underneath them.
Experience is our best teacher.
The foundation of your teaching will be the elaboration and deepening of your breath practice. We will breathe together as a group, and you will become a part of the OBC community, utilizing all of our other offerings.
This training does not stop at your knowledge of the breath.
We will explore the art of teaching, where you will identify your style and niche. You will learn how to compose a class, perform breath assessments and read bodies, understand cueing and adjusting, and learn the specifics of leading 1-on-1s, group sessions, retreats, workshops, and more.
We will also help you grow your breathing community and build your business.
By looking at key strategies for sales and marketing, we will explore how to create different offerings with pricing, building partnerships, the basics of sales, approaching studios and gyms, building an audience using social media, creating content, and beyond.
So whether you are a teacher, healer, coach, or want to deepen your practice, our Teacher Training is designed to allow you to deliver the highest quality and safest experience. You will be able to teach about breathing as a standalone therapy or complement your core offerings to set you apart in your field!
WHAT PAST GRADUATES ARE SAYING…
IT Consulting & yoga instructor
From this training, you’ll understand things you’ve always done to change your physical and emotional states for all types of different reasons, and you’ll realize the role breath plays in all of them. From there, you’ll figure out how to expand on that innate knowledge and use breathing to your advantage. That’s the real power, and then you can share it with your loved ones and who knows who else.
You’ll study a lot of breath. Techniques created by ancient yogis, Navy Seals, famous masters of the craft, by dogs, and who knows, maybe by me. Most importantly, you’ll learn techniques that you created yourself.
I don’t think any of us in the Breath School Class of 2022 are the same now as we were going in. I cured my own allergies, snoring, back pain, insomnia, and some other bad habits I’ve already forgotten about. I made lifelong friends and I’ve started teaching breathwork to random people and using my voice in ways I hadn’t before. I guess I just feel more ready for the world, for what’s coming. Hope to see you there.
Outdoor & travel blogger
Prior to this training, my only experience with breathwork was as an OBC Member for a couple of months where I participated in the daily breathes. For that reason, I was a little bit nervous about whether the course was right for me. However, it was clear from our very first session together that it was going to be a supportive environment where I could feel comfortable regardless of my current skill level.
Over the course of the six months, I went from having a very basic knowledge of breathwork to having a deep understanding of breath mechanics, how different breath patterns affect our nervous system, and how to create a variety of breathwork sequences. The hands-on experience facilitating with the rest of my cohort gave me the confidence that I can take this practice out into the world.
I chose the OBC Teacher Training over other teacher courses because with OBC we learned a variety of breathwork techniques and how and why they work, rather than focusing on a single particular method. I now have the skills to assess future clients’ needs and develop a practice for them that helps them accomplish their goals.
The teacher training course took me on a personal journey that I’m so grateful for and it prepared me to incorporate breathwork into my career path.
HOW DOES BREATH SCHOOL WORK?
In each module, you’ll have access to detailed pre-recorded video lessons teaching you the core curriculum of facilitation and the science of breathing.
Live Group Sessions
We’ll meet live bi-weekly on Tuesdays to dig deeper into each module’s recorded lessons. Bring your questions, exercises, and pain points to explore as a group.
Live Office Hours
Our informal monthly Q&A sessions meet on the third Thursday of the month, where we can further hone in on areas you might be struggling with.
In month four, we will gather in person in San Diego to hone our skills together as a group. Here, you will gain the practice knowledge to guide groups and individuals alike.
Homework & Cohorts
Submit homework assignments for each module and get actionable feedback from our team. You’ll also be assigned a cohort to meet with for practice and support.
COURSE CURRICULUM INCLUDES
⭐️ HISTORY & PRINCIPLES OF BREATHING ⭐️
⭐️ PHYSIOLOGY, ANATOMY, & CHEMISTRY ⭐️
⭐️ BIOMECHANICS OF BREATHING ⭐️
⭐️ NERVOUS SYSTEM AND NEUROSCIENCE ⭐️
⭐️ PERFORMANCE AND FITNESS ⭐️
⭐️ THE ART OF TEACHING ⭐️
⭐️ SET & SETTING, CUEING & LANGUAGE, ASSESSMENT & APPLICATION ⭐️
⭐️ HANDS-ON FACILITATION ⭐️
⭐️ HOLDING SPACE, SAFETY, BOUNDARIES, AND INTEGRATION ⭐️
⭐️ LEADERSHIP, SELF-INQUIRY, AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ⭐️
⭐️ BUSINESS AND MARKETING OF BREATHWORK ⭐️
⭐️ ⭐️ LEVEL 2 ADVANCED TRAINING ⭐️⭐️
COMING OCTOBER 2024
Why Breath School?
We blend ancient breathing techniques with modern science, offering the most comprehensive breathwork training. Our team of experienced facilitators spans diverse breath, body, and mind traditions, bridging the spiritual and the scientific realms. We equip you with unparalleled expertise, up-to-date knowledge, teaching skills, and direct mentorship.
Join an Emerging Movement
Breathwork is evolving rapidly, more so than any other wellness modality. It’s a direct, powerful, non-dogmatic, and accessible tool for transformation backed by scientific research. By enrolling in Breath School, you position yourself at the forefront of this movement.
No One-Size-Fits-All Approach
We believe in a multidisciplinary approach to breathwork. Rather than restricting you to a single method or technique, we empower you to express breathwork authentically and creatively based on your unique clients and goals. You’ll grasp the core principles underlying all breath practices.
Breathe, Teach, Thrive
Breath School goes beyond breath knowledge; it delves into the art of teaching. Discover your teaching style, compose classes, perform assessments, understand cueing and adjustments, and confidently lead various breathing sessions, whether one-on-one, in groups, online, at retreats, or workshops.
Grow Your Community and Business
Learn essential strategies for sales and marketing, pricing, building partnerships, and utilizing social media. Whether you’re a teacher, healer, or coach, Breath School will set you apart in your field, allowing you to offer breath as a standalone therapy or complement your existing services.
Be a Part of Our Thriving Community
Our Breath Collective is quickly becoming a beacon of breathing education and experience backed by a connected global community. We take pride in opening our arms, minds, and hearts to everyone who wants to be curious about how to use breathing to understand ourselves as human beings and to inspire the extraordinary in others.
Jan 2 – June 25, 2024
- Online orientation call on January 2.
- Online classes bi-weekly on Tuesdays @ 11 AM PST for 90 minutes on Zoom with recordings (Jan 16, 30, Feb 13, 27, Mar 12, 26, April 9, May 14, 28, June 11, 25).
- Monthly office hours on third Tuesday of the month @ 11 AM PST for 60 minutes on Zoom with recordings (Jan 23, Feb 20, Mar 19, April 23, May 21, June 18).
- In-person retreat* will be held April 18-21 at a location TBD in San Diego (optional).
* Tuition does not cover the cost of travel to San Diego.
** You should allow 4-6 hours per week for home study requirements.
THIS TRAINING INCLUDES
- Bi-weekly live interactive group Zoom calls on Tuesdays @ 11 AM PST with recordings (Jan 16, 30, Feb 13, 27, Mar 12, 26, April 9, May 14, 28, June 11, 25).
- Drip-fed video lessons to be watched on your own time via OBC community learning platform.
- The first three months are modulated with both science, theory, and practice.
- Month 4 includes an in-person weekend retreat in San Diego – April 18-21, 2024 (attendance is optional / travel expenses not included).
- Months 5 & 6 are supportive practicum sessions with practice teaching (1:1 & group), live coaching, and feedback.
- Monthly office hours for live Q&A with the instructors and classmates alike on the third Tuesday of each month @ 11 AM PST (Jan 23, Feb 20, Mar 19, April 23, May 21, June 18).
- A 6-month subscription to OBC (includes daily morning breathes, monthly workshops, and archives).
- Access to course materials and other resources.
- Ongoing support from your teachers plus a community of facilitators and practitioners.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Time to ensure you complete the video lessons and can make as many as possible of our live training and support calls (all will be recorded in case you miss any or are in a time zone that makes it prohibitive).
- Commitment to your personal development, even when you don’t feel like it.
- A beginner’s mind.
- Willingness to be open to direct communication, self-autonomy, and self/group accountability.
- Self-awareness and integrity.
- Mental and emotional resilience.
- Eagerness to have fun!
WHO THIS IS FOR
- Any healer looking to add breathwork as an additional tool to their work, e.g., yoga teachers, counselors, physical therapists, psychologists, bodyworkers, naturopaths, energy workers, or any other client-led practice.
- Anyone already sharing breathwork in their circles but wants to expand beyond them and create a lifestyle around teaching.
- Anyone looking to add a source of income that is also a rewarding and inspiring career path.
- Anyone who desires a sense of fulfillment in their life that their current career does not provide.
- Athletic coaches looking for foundational ways to increase performance and enhance their student’s ability to excel in their sport.
- Breath practitioners looking to build upon and incorporate an informed approach to current knowledge base and experience
- Those who are committed to developing a high level of self-awareness and personal growth.
- And more! The breath can really fit into any profession.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The principles behind breathing, including physiology and chemistry, how the breath affects our nervous system, and how to use the breath as a tool properly.
- To develop your own unique perspective on working with and sharing the breath
- How to hold 1:1, group, and online (Zoom) sessions
- To assess a client’s breathing and understand how to create individualized protocols and practices for them.
- To understand what happens in the body during a breathwork session, contraindications, adverse reactions, and safe practice.
- To safely and competently hold space.
- How to enter the energy field of your breathers appropriately, and how to apply touch and/or other verbal and physical cues.
- To assist with integration, knowing how much interaction and engagement is appropriate before, during, and after a breathwork session.
- To develop a high level of self-awareness and ability to self-regulate.
- To be able to test and quantify different theories and protocols on yourself continually.
- To build your own personalized and authentic approach to teaching.
- To establish a business for yourself either as a standalone practice or to augment an existing practice.
- To understand the fundamentals of sales and marketing and to build a breathwork business.
Reis Paluso is a student, facilitator, and guide of the breath. In a world where life’s demands often pull us in every direction, his work exemplifies consistency, discipline, and intention, serving as a beacon of inspiration for those who seek a deeper understanding of the human experience.
As a co-founder of Our Breath Collective, Reis has focused on teaching hundreds of curious students and facilitators the art and science of breathing in an approachable way. He believes that by combining an understanding of our physiology, psychology, and nervous systems with practices like breathing, cold exposure, and mindfulness, we can truly tap into our extraordinary power and potential waiting to be unlocked.
Reis has studied under the tutelage of some of the most esteemed names in the field, including Wim Hof, Jack Feldman, Peter Litchfield, Kasper van Der Meulen, Dan Brulé, Jill Miller, and Brian Mackenzie. He is a Certified Breathing Behavior Analyst from the Professional School of Behavioral Health Sciences and holds a certificate as a Level 2 Wim Hof Instructor.
His expertise has been sought after by prestigious organizations such as the San Diego Padres, Vuori, and Lululemon, as well as All-Star Major League Baseball players, Olympic and X-Games medalists, World Tour surfers, and military special forces personnel, where he’s left an indelible mark.
Luke Wientzen is a dedicated teacher who helps you discover inspiration and inner presence through meditation, breathwork, movement, and meaningful dialogue. With a lifelong commitment to both teaching and learning, Luke’s journey is a continual exploration.
His expertise in breathwork comes from extensive training with masters in various disciplines, including intensive training in Rebirthing Breathwork with Leonard Orr and Aaron Overstreet, and transformative breathing sessions guided by Judith Kravitz left an indelible mark on his understanding. His 15-year study of breath in classical yoga informs his understanding of its role in the human nervous system.
Beyond breath, Luke has trained with renowned masters in movement and energy arts, such as Tias Little, Richard Freeman, Gabriel Halpern, Dharma Mittra, and Doug Keller. He’s also a Zen practitioner, trained in the Sanbo Zen lineage under the guidance of Henry Shukman, and has learned from heart-mind-presence-awareness-focused therapists like Riyaz Motan and Richard Moss.
With almost two decades as a public high school special education teacher, in addition to his work instructing yoga, breath, and meditation, Luke firmly believes that direct experience is the most profound teacher. As a co-founder of Our Breath Collective, he invites you to explore the realms of breath, body, heart, and mind for a rich education within the human experience.
YOUR INVESTMENT & TIME
Certified Breathwork Facilitator
- 30+ Recorded Lessons
- 12 x 90 min Live Group Calls
- 5 x 60 min Live Office Hours
- 4-Day In-Person Retreat in San Diego (optional)
- Official Course Manual and Worksheets
- 1:1 private session
- Access to OBC Daily Breath Platform
- Access to 750+ recorded breathing sessions
- Access to OBC Workshop Archive
- Lifetime access to Breath School’s Circle Group
- Certificate of completion
January 2 – June 25
Early Bird pricing (10% off) until Oct 30
for 6 payments
Other Payment Options:
One-time payment for 10% savings ($5396 $5995)
No retreat option: $750 off total
(supplements the in-person retreat with additional recorded videos)
Advanced OBC Breath Guide
- 4-day Advanced In-Person Retreat in San Diego
- Access to OBC Resource Library, including class and workshop designs, protocols, business documents, content library, and more
- Monthly Live Q&A Calls
- 1:1 private session
- Cold Exposure Module
- Access to OBC Daily Breath Platform
- Access to 750+ recorded breathing sessions
- Access to OBC Workshop Archive
- Certificate of completion
* Must complete Level 1 to participate
Starts in October 2024
for 2 payments
One-time payment for 10% savings
Still have questions?
Schedule a no-strings-attached Discovery Call.
It’s perfectly reasonable to wonder if the training is right for you. Breath School is a big commitment, both emotionally and financially.
Schedule a no-strings-attached discovery call with one of our expert Breath School guides, and let’s talk about your goals and what burning questions you still might have!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the format of this training??
Each month, there will be a series of recorded lessons to be viewed on your own time. These lessons will be supported by a 90-minute bi-weekly call (2 per month) where we will review and discuss the content, as well as integrate personal practice. All calls will be on Tuesdays at 11 AM PST.
In April, we will host a 4-day in-person retreat in San Diego, CA, where we will be able to connect, practice, and get hands-on with all that has been learned via the online training leading up to the retreat.
We will also host a monthly 60-minute live office hours (optional) to get additional support and feedback.
How much time will I need to dedicate to this?
- A minimum of 10 hours per month
- Approx 2-3 hours per month of video content to watch + quizzes and homework
- Approx 4 hours per month of class time – lecture format with direct instruction + collaborative development for applied knowledge
- 3-5 OBC daily breathes per week
- Additional personal breath exploration and practice
- Weekly breath facilitation
- Complete all home study essential reading
- Keep a journal of all your personal breathing sessions and breath facilitation sessions during the course
Where will the training take place?
All recorded video content will be hosted on a dedicated learning center on our community platform.
All class time will be on Zoom so that you can join from anywhere in the world.
There will be one in-person group experience in April (there is an option to bypass the retreat and instead receive additional video content).
Who will I be trained by?
Your trainers will be Reis Paluso and Luke Wientzen, plus other guests from month to month, including Our Breath Collective guides and other experts in the field.
Do I have to be a teacher or coach to participate?
No, we welcome anyone who has a minimum of 6 months of breathwork experience (recommended, not required).
What are my payment options?
This training is made accessible with either a pay-in-full option or broken into equal monthly payment plans. We also have an option if you do no wish to/cannot attend the in-person retreat. The entire tuition must be paid in full in order to receive your certification. The deadline to apply is December 31.
Do you offer a money-back guarantee or refunds?
We understand that investing in your education is a big decision. That’s why we offer a pro-rated satisfaction guarantee.
If you ever feel unsatisfied with our program for any reason, we’ll refund you a pro-rated portion of your investment. We want you to feel confident and supported every step of the way.